Undefeated WBA and IBO middleweight champion will defend his titles against Osumanu Adama at the Salle des Etoiles in Monte Carlo on February 1.Golovkin will attempt to make Adama his 26th knockout victim in 29 unbeaten fights and Golovkin is very happy to be back fighting in Monte Carlo.
“I’m very happy to return to Monte Carlo and excited to face Adama,” said Golovkin. “I know he’s a very tough opponent and I’m looking forward to putting on another great performance for the fans in Monte Carlo and those watching around the world.”
Adama, 22-3-(16), previously challenged for the IBF middleweight title in March 2012, losing a unanimous decision to then champion Daniel Geale and sees his upcoming battle with Golovkin as an exciting opportunity.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to challenge boxing’s best,” said Adama. “I’ve already begun training and I will bring the titles with me back to Chicago on February 1.”
December 3, 2013