Seconds Out
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Snapchat
Insta
Search
Menu
Search

Joshua Buatsi  Makes Title Defence Against Renold Quinlan

TwitterFacebook

Joshua Buatsi will defend his WBA International Light-Heavyweight title against Australia’s Renold Quinlan at The O2 in London on December 22.

Buatsi won the title in spectacular fashion when he destroyed Andrejs Pokumeiko inside one round at The O2 in July before blitzing Frenchman Tony Averlant in the opening round at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle in September.

The 25-year-old Croydon star is hoping that former IBO Super-Middleweight Champion Quinlan will take him rounds. December 22 will be Quinlan’s second fight in the UK, he took Chris Eubank Jr. ten rounds when they clashed at the Olympia last year.

“Renold Quinlan is a good solid fighter,” said Buatsi. “I’m hoping that he will give me the rounds that I need because my last two fights have gone early. He’s a very tough man and a proud Australian, he’ll be coming to fight. This isn’t about the title, it’s about getting the experience under my belt and pushing on.”

“I’ve seen bits of Buatsi and he’s nothing special,” said Quinlan. “He hasn’t fought anyone like me yet and I can’t wait to give him a great fight. I’m delighted to be returning to the UK on such a big card and I’ll be putting on a great performance for all my UK fans.”

Buatsi vs. Quinlan features on the Dillian Whyte vs Derek Chisora heavyweight rematch.

TwitterFacebook

SecondsOut Weekly Newsletter

YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Snapchat
Insta
© 2000 - 2018 Knockout Entertainment Ltd & SecondsOut.com