IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch believes a rematch with Danish WBA interim titleholder Mikkel Kessler could happen in May or June, 2013.
Although Froch is tied into a rematch with Canadian Lucian Bute, the man he beat to win the IBF title, he doubts Bute is eager for a rematch, whilst talks with Kessler’s camp are said to be at an advanced stage.
Speaking to Sky Sports’ Toe2Toe podcast Froch said: "We’re making good ground with Kessler’s team. They’re saying all the right things about wanting to fight and wanting to come over to the UK.
"Ideally I’d want it at Nottingham Forest’s City Ground on the pitch, but realistically it’s going to be very difficult to time it and I’m not sure he’d come to Nottingham anyway.
"But it’s looking more likely that the fight with Kessler is definitely going to happen in May or June, it’s just where.
"I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be at the O2 in London - and what a fight that’s going to be. I’m confident I’m going to win but it’s a fight that could go either way. Everybody’s talking about it, it’s massive.
"Eddie Hearn and (Kessler’s promoters) Sauerland are doing everything to make it happen. There’s only one reason it won’t and that’s if Kessler doesn’t want it, but i spoke to him myself last week and he said he does."
December 17, 2912