World Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is confident that he will retain his IBF/WBA and WBO titles against Alexander Povetkin in Moscow, Russia on Saturday but he will not estimate the unbeaten Russian.
After an open training sessions in front of numerous media members earlier this week, Klitschko (60-3, 51 KO) said: "He hasn’t lost or drawn a fight and was never knocked down. So, I think the night will be a complicated one — for those who will watch, as well as for Alexander and me. Each sportsman has his chance and each of us will try to capitalise on it. How, we will see it."
Povetkin (26-0, 18KO), was keen to avoid bad mouthing his opponent, choosing instead to concentrate on fighting.
"There’s no need for extra words," Povetkin said. "I could have said that I would bury him or something like this. But you will see it on Saturday."
For the sake of clarification, Klitschko the WBA promoted Klitschko "super champion" status in 2011 after beating David Haye. Povetkin became the mandatory challenger for Klitschko after defeating American Hasim Rahman last September.
October 4, 2013