Ask The Editors
SecondsOut.com Logo - click here to go back to the home page
News divider Features divider Schedules & Results divider Rankings and Stats divider Community My Profile
Login

FORUMS

17 APRIL 2014

Where am I? Home Main News
 

Cleverly: ‘I’m Ready For War'


WBO Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly says beating Robin Krasniqi at Wembley Arena in London on Saturday night will be his best win yet.

 

Undefeated Cleverly rates his 10th round stoppage win over the then unbeaten Karo Murat - who fights IBF king Bernard Hopkins in July - two and half years ago as his most impressive so far and his schooling of Tony Bellew comes a close second.

 

Germany based Kosovan, Krasniqi, the WBO mandatory challenger, hasn’t lost in 38 fights, with his last four ending in back-to-back stoppages.

 

“Krasniqi is a dangerous challenger, the best I’ve faced yet and I’ve trained as if I’m the challenger in this fight,” Said Cleverly who met with the media in London on Wednesday.

 

“In my eyes he’s unbeaten, the two losses were on points and were at the beginning of his career and he’s worked his way to the number one spot, he’ll be hungry to take the title from me,”

 

“The best is yet to come from me in my career as I’m still learning and developing as a world champion, but the Murat stoppage was pretty special as he was unbeaten and I inflicted the first loss on his record and the same with shutting up Bellew and making him look ordinary.”

 

“I’m ready for a war against Krasniqi, whatever he brings to the fight I’ll have an answer for, if he want’s it toe-to-toe I’ll come out on top or if he doesn’t want to mix it I’ll out-box and out-smart him.”

 

 

April 17, 2013




License/buy our content  |  Privacy policy  |  Terms & conditions  |  Copyright  |  Advertising guide  |  Site Map  |  Write for SecondsOut.com  |  SecondsOut Contacts  |  Contact Us

© 2000 - 2011 Knockout Entertainment Ltd & SecondsOut.com