WBA/IBO Middleweight Champion Gennady “GGG’ Golovkin, has congratulated IBF Champion Daniel Geale for his dominant performance over Anthony Mundine in their all Australian showdown last Wednesday in Sydney, Australia.
“I was impressed with Daniel Geale’s performance and wish to publicly congratulate him on his victory. I know this was personal for him as he had lost previously to Mundine and he certainly got his revenge” said Golovkin.
Geale chose to fight Mundine and give up the WBA “Super” Middleweight Title rather than face Golovkin as was ordered by the WBA prior to Geale’s fight with Sturm.
Golovkin is preparing to stay very active in 2013; the year kicked off in style in a sensational performance on HBO, stopping Gabriel Rosado in the seventh round on January 19 at Madison Square Garden.” Golovkin is considered the most feared middleweight boasting a record of 25-0 with 22 KOs and is currently riding a knockout streak of 12 KOs in a row. GGG is scheduled to return on Saturday, March 30th in Monte Carlo.
“I want the biggest fights and the best challenges as I’ve said all along. With HBO broadcasting my fights, either Geale or Sturm(possibly Soliman) would be a perfect fight this year. Geale said after the fight that he wanted to fight in the US this year, look no further we can make a title unification bout this summer.”
Another titleholder whom Golovkin has eyes on is WBO Middleweight Champion Peter Quillin. “I’m aware that his fight with Fernando Guerrero was pushed back until the end of April. He’s talked about fighting me in the past and I’m certainly interested if he’s serious.”
Golovkin would also welcome a unification fight with WBC Middleweight Champion Sergio Martinez, but realizes that fight might be a long way away. Sergio’s promoter Lou DiBella is afraid to acknowledge Golovkin for fear that it might set up a showdown of the two top fighters in the division. The hunter has now become the hunted.