Despite Tyson Fury and his uncle and trainer Peter Fury dismissing any kind of rescheduled fight after David Haye pulled out their heavyweight grudge match last weekend, it now looks like both camps will work towards a new date.
The former WBA heavyweight champion was forced to pull out of the much anticipated all British clash on Friday after sustaining a nasty cut on the last day of sparring. On hearing the news Team Fury were understandably upset at the withdrawal so late in preparations and decided to move on from Haye but it now appears they have had a change of heart.
According to Manchester Evening News Sport both camps are keen to rescue the £10million for early 2014. Haye required six stitches above his left eye so an early 2013 fight would allow the cut to heal completely.
After hearing the fight had been called of Fury tweeted: “Sorry for every1 who bought tickets & hotels. Haye excuses r boring. He don’t want to fight me!”
Tyson Fury’s uncle and trainer, Peter, said: “We were ready and have done everything that we can.
“It would have been a great fight for the British public. Tyson was in the best shape.
“Everyone thought Haye would win, but we’ve had a good camp and the game plan was perfect.”
That said Fury will almost certainly want to fight before the year is out. He is said to be in the best shape of his young career and will want to maintain that fitness leading to an eventual showdown his Haye.
September 23, 2013