Ask The Editors
SecondsOut.com Logo - click here to go back to the home page
News divider Features divider Schedules & Results divider Rankings and Stats divider Community My Profile Login

15 AUGUST 2018

Where am I? Home Main News
 

Pulev Says Fury Has accepted October 27 Fight Date


Former world title challenger Kubrat Pulev has announced that he will take part in an IBF mandatory heavyweight title eliminator against Britain’s Hughie Fury in Sofia, Bulgaria on October 27.

 

Pulev was originally ordered by the IBF to face Londoner Dillian Whyte and then American Jarrell Miller but when both turned the fight down Pulev says Fury stepped in to accept the challenge.

 

Quoted on Sky Sports Pulev commented: "Two have refused so far - Whyte and Miller, but Fury has already said no problem and he will play. The date is clear - October 27, the fight will be in Sofia. It looks like it’ll be a very interesting game. He is a good, young boxer."

 

IBF titleholder Anthony Joshua will defend his title along with the WBA and WBO belts against dangerous Russian Alexander Povetkin on September 22.




<--->
License/buy our content  |  Privacy policy  |  Terms & conditions  |  Copyright  |  Advertising guide  |  Site Map  |  Write for SecondsOut.com  |  SecondsOut Contacts  |  Contact Us

© 2000 - 2011 Knockout Entertainment Ltd & SecondsOut.com