Ask The Editors
SecondsOut.com Logo - click here to go back to the home page
News divider Features divider Schedules & Results divider Rankings and Stats divider Community My Profile
Login

FORUMS

31 AUGUST 2014

 

Price Rejects Fury Fight


For the time being at least heavyweight prospect David Price has said he will reject any offer to fight Tyson Fury until he has the opportunity to prepare properly.

It was reported last week that Price was just one of the names mentioned to face Fury in a British and Commonwealth heavyweight showdown on September 17. But Price disputes any approach to his promoter Frank Maloney has been made and also stated that he will not face Fury unless he has adequate time to prepare.

“I spoke with Frank Maloney earlier last week and Fury did not come up,” said Price.

“If the offer has been put across then I’ve not officially heard about it.

“But I would not take a British title fight on just four weeks’ notice. I’m not there just to make up the numbers.

“I will be fighting him as mandatory challenger soon anyway and at that point I will have the proper amount of time to prepare.”

August 24, 2011



Subscribe to feed Subscribe to feed
License/buy our content  |  Privacy policy  |  Terms & conditions  |  Copyright  |  Advertising guide  |  Site Map  |  Write for SecondsOut.com  |  SecondsOut Contacts  |  Contact Us

© 2000 - 2011 Knockout Entertainment Ltd & SecondsOut.com