By Teddy Stenmark: It appears that the eagerly awaited Danish super middleweight fight between Mads Larsen and Rudy Markussen will not happen after all.
Larsen rejected promoter Team Sauerland’s offer saying: “It’s the economic side of it and a couple of other things we simply couldn’t agree on.
“ A long life in professional boxing has taught me one thing and that is that the sport is full of disappointments and fights that never happens, it’s sad but that is the way it is”.
Nisse Sauerland though can’t understand why Mads Larsen choses not to accept the deal,
Sauerland added: “It’s a good offer and an opportunity for him to get his career back on track after that KO- defeat to Brian Magee last year, there won’t be too many offers like that coming his way at this stage of his career.”
Even though Larsen admits he will have a tough task finding a a high profile fight after this rejection he says he is not done fighting yet. “I won’t close the door to boxing, in my eyes I am still a boxer and if Brian Nielsen can fight at 45, I still have a few years left, ” said Larsen.
January 13, 2011