Myquan Williams Remains Undefeated


By Stephen Tobey: Welterweight Myquan Williams kept his undefeated record intact with an eight-round unanimous decision over Martin Angel Martinez of Tuscon, Arizona on Wednesday, Nov. 21 at the Castleton Conference Center in Windham,N.H.


All three judges, Leo Gerstel, Martha Tremblay and Kevin Hope, scored the fight 80-72 for Williams, of East Hartford, Connecticut.


“I did what I wanted to do,” said Williams, who is now 13-0 with seven knockouts. “He was a bit awkward, but I felt like I was in control. I wasn’t expecting a knockout. He’s a tough guy.”


Martinez (18-16-1, 11 KO s) has fights against Lucas Matthysse, Marcos Maidana and Mike Alvarado on his record.


The 20-year-old Williams picked up the pace as the fight progressed, finding his target more consistently in the later rounds while taking less return fore. In the first round, Williams sustained a small cut along his right eye.


“I want to fight early next year,” Williams said, “maybe in early February or March.”


Heavyweight Daniel Martz of Clarksburg, West Virginia stopped Rubin Williams of Detroit in the first round of a scheduled 10. Martz dropped Williams twice and Williams slipped twice. Gerstel stopped the fight at 1:59 of the first.


Former world title challenger Tommy Karpecy of Adah, Pennsylvania stopped Marlon Hayes of Newark, New Jersey in the third round of a scheduled six at cruiserweight. Karpency dropped Hayes twice with left hooks to the body before Gerstel stopped the fight at 18 seconds of the third.


Brendan Simonds of Haverhill, Massachusetts returned to the ring after a 10-year hiatus and stopped Andre Belcaris of Bennington, Vermont in the second round of a scheduled four. Simonds dropped Belcaris twice in the second round. Gerstel stopped the fight at 1:05.


Lightweights Kimbery Wabik of Revere, Mass. and Liz Humpries of Springfield, Mass. made their pro debuts with a four-round majority draw. Gerstel scored the fight 39-37 for Wabik; Hope and Tremblay scored it 38-38.


In a middleweight bout between two over-40 fighters, Tolan Tascoe of Newark, New Jersey won a four-round unanimous decision over Jon Webster of Portland, Maine. The scores on all three cards were 38-37, with Tascoe’s knockdown of Webster in the third accounting for the one-point difference. Tascoe is 43, while Webster is 50.


Anthony Velasquez of Springfield, Mass. stopped Demetris Williams of Philadelphia in the third round of a scheduled four at welterweight. Gerstel stopped the fight at 2:20.


In a four-round lightweight bout, Malcolm Simms of Newark, New Jersey stopped Theo Desjardin of Providence, Rhode Island in the first round. Mike Ryan stopped the fight at 2:55.


In a four-round super welterweight contest, John Ortolani of Billerica, Massachusetts stopped debuting Ian Beatease of Schuylerville, New York in the first round. Ortolani (1-1) dropped Beatease twice with left hooks to the body. Gerstel stopped the fight at 2:35.

© 2000 - 2018 Knockout Entertainment Ltd &